Thursday, November 5, 2009

Give

Maybe its the fact that the holidays are coming, or perhaps it is prompted by the fact that money is tight. But I'm thinking a lot about how I can give without buying anything.

Today, I join my business networking group at Feed My Starving Children to pack meals for children who would otherwise go hungry. Last week, I collected and donated over 20 coats to People Serving People. I don't say this to congratulate myself, instead I am recognizing that, while each of these things might be important - they are small acts and make me hungry to serve more. I find myself continuing to search out opportunities to give.

I hope the beginning of a chilly season stirs a warm feeling of giving in you. And whether you give monetarily, of your time, or by being a friend to someone - it is all important.

Ericka Heid
HR Now
www.h-r-now.com

No comments:

Post a Comment