Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Keep Going

"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go."
~ William Feather ~

"Keep going" has become my motto. I use it in a lot of situations, both work and personal to focus on a goal or just to keep my head in the game. I say it when I am lifting weights, I say it when I am running, and I say it when I look upon my desk and feel overwhelmed by the amount of irons I have in the fire. It is easy to be distracted, and forget where my focus is.

A few months ago, when I started HR Now, a friend of mine said this, "Now you must only look ahead. Ericka - never look back. Your future is ahead of you." I smiled and nodded my head when he said this, but have found myself returning to this conversation as a way to keep going.

I have heard the saying, Success is not a destiny, it is the journey. I am determined to live the journey, not anticipate the destination.

So today is another day. It is a good one, full of promise and hope. Get on the road, begin your journey, and keep going.


Ericka Heid
HR Now
www.h-r-now.com

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it."
~ Buddha ~

No comments:

Post a Comment